Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Surprise

Saturday was a long day. In the evening Tom fell asleep on the couch watching a movie, and that always means he stays there.............I learned about a decade ago that it's not really possible to wake him up without WWIII. :)

Sometime Sunday morning, I half woke up when he came in the room and thought, "Oh good, he got up and can go to bed for a few hours before Mass." I fell back asleep hearing - as I thought - Tom finding his PJ's and getting ready for bed. But when I kept hearing him, I started to wonder........so I cracked open my eyes and he was in his dress clothes.........the alarm hadn't even gone off yet.

"Watcha doin'?" "It's a secret. I'm going to Mass now because I'm doing something special for you." ?????????????????????
I had no idea what was going on, but he took Tommy and headed to the 8:30 Mass.

Still wondering, I got home later after 10:30 Mass and CCD, walked into the dining room and.............the room was cleaned up, the table looked nicer than it has in years - good table cloth and dishes, bouquet of roses. AND the dishes were done and he had bacon, scrambled eggs with veggies and bacon, pancakes with lots of toppings, donuts, and mimosas all ready to be served! (This from a man who loathes cooking BTW.) Of course it was wonderful to come home to delicious food, and it also brought back good memories since Tom and I used to make a huge brunch (including cocktails) on Sundays when we were engaged!

It was not hard to find something to be positive about this Sunday - thank you, Sweetie, you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment