Saturday, December 1, 2012

Girls' Night Earrings

My sister-in-law Jeanne is more a friend than an "in-law"! A few years ago, she invited another sister-in-law and I on a late night outing with some of her friends from Northern VA. Now, to voluntarily invite your older-than-you, married sister-in-laws is a real act of friendship, but when she said that she was "bringing some friends along", not "can my sister-in-laws come?" our hearts were really touched!

Now that Jeanne is married and a mom, too, we have even more in common, and I'm so glad that she introduced me to earring-making this past year. A fast learner I definitely am not, but Jeanne has always been able to keep her tact and a straight face!  Her seed-bead earrings are, in my opinion, the highlights of our joint collection, and I'm excited to learn how to work with them. I invariably drop or lose a bead when we get together, so I've been hesitant to try these tiny beads!

For someone like me who doesn't draw, knit, sew, etc., making earrings is a rewarding way to be creative - not to mention a good excuse to get out of the house for a relaxing girls night! We also love that fact that we end up keeping and wearing our favorite pairs, and displaying the earrings at festivals has been fun, too. I've been a person with no hobby for years - thank you, Jeanne, for changing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment