Monday, November 26, 2012

Burning Candles not Houses


Carved Egg pure beeswax  candleI've always loved burning candles; even the fact that I once lit our house fire with candles  has not deterred me! I just don't leave them burning in cheap glass containers on a plastic shelf full of papers in an unoccupied room anymore................. Right now there are candles all over the house, but for a while I've been terrible about actually thinking to light them!

Recently we bought a pure beeswax candle made by our friend, Michael Turner - http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeeswaxCandlelight?ref=pr_shop_more - and I've already lit it to brighten things up when skies or moods were a bit gray. Since winter means lots of gray days, I'm sure we'll be burning it often, and the beeswax candle is extra-special since it glows more brightly than regular candles and has a natural honey smell that we all love. We've also learned from Michael that burning a candle like this removes impurities from the air instead of adding them, and an interesting side note is that it takes about a quarter of a million miles of bee flight to make one candle like ours!

The candles come in lots of other shapes and are beautiful even when unlit. (There's one that reminds me of Winnie the Pooh that I want to get next!) Besides being on Etsy, Michael often sets up at local festivals and craft fairs, sometimes sharing a table with Tom and I, so if you love candlelight you might like to give pure beeswax candles a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment